Hill Street respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles. We respect your right to privacy and understand the need to protect your personal information.
Your personal information is not collected if you only browse our website.
Collection of Your Personal Information
As a retailer of groceries, during the course of its activities, Hill Street will collect, use and disclose personal information from:
- Customers who use the online shopping facility;
- Visitors to and users of our website, including any user forums section of our website;
- Customers who enter trade promotions / competitions conducted by Hill Street;
- Customers who register Hill Street gift card details; and
- Customers who call the Hill Street customer service team or otherwise contact us.
- directly from you;
- when you register as a user of the website;
- when you place an order via the website;
- where you access and interact with the website or the customer service team; or
- from other sources.
The information collected may include your name, mailing or residential address, telephone number, email address and other transaction and registration details. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or the service you may require, or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is used by Hill Street for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying customers or otherwise servicing Hill Street's relationship with its customers.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related or ancillary purpose such as:
- to facilitate and process your order;
- to carry out or respond to your requests;
- to our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand our customer’s needs or to develop, and improve market our products and services to you;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers to include in a database compiled by us or our third party service provider for use in direct marketing of promotions, product and services we think may interest to you;
- to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you;
- to resolve a complaint by you about our products, goods or services. If however the complaint is in relation to a Hill Street employee, identifying personal information about you will not be disclosed without your express consent.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hill Street aims to ensure that all personal information held about you is collected and used in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. If you believe your personal information as held by Hill Street is not accurate, complete or otherwise requires amendment, please do not hesitate to contact the Hill Street Service and Support Centre.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.
DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hill Street takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hill Street will give you access to your personal information which we hold about you. Your right to access your personal information as held by Hill Street is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Your right to access your personal information may be affected by matters such as:
- the information being commercially sensitive to Hill Street or one of its service providers or customers;
- access posing a threat to life or health of any individual;
- access having an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- access being unlawful;
- access prejudicing enforcement activities relating to criminal conduct or other breaches of law;
- a frivolous or vexatious request by you or some other person on your behalf;
- the existence of a legal dispute or potential legal dispute; and
- denial of access being required or authorized by law.
Hill Street may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
TRANSMISSION OF YOUR DATA
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
OPT-OUT IN RESPECT OF PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
Hill Street acknowledges and respects its customers' choice to "opt-out" of direct marketing communication activities undertaken by Hill Street. If as a customer you not wish to receive promotional material from Hill Street, please contact Hill Street and indicate the particular promotional material you do not wish to receive. All emails, SMS and newsletters from this website allow you to opt-out of further mailings by clicking on the link or responding “unsubscribe”,
OBTAINING MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
More information about your privacy rights, the Act or the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au
RESOLVING YOUR PRIVACY CONCERNS
PO Box 3209
West Hobart TAS 7000
Telephone: (03) 6234 3384